To our Valued POC patients.
We hope this finds you safe and well and that you are able to keep up your spirits through this next challenging phase for us all. With the implementation of Stage 4 Restrictions in Victoria, we want to reassure you that we are still here for you if you need us. Whilst our Practice continues to be open, please carefully read the information below and consider the urgency of your appointment.
- Routine treatment or non-urgent treatment is NOT permitted.
- If you have an upcoming appointment and are unsure if it essential treatment or not, please call or email us and we will advise accordingly. Otherwise we will call you as soon as possible to reschedule.
- Our face-to-face care of patients must only occur if stopping or delaying care would result in a deterioration of your functional independence.
- You are permitted to attend our practice even if you are travelling from more than 5km’s away.
- A GP referral is not required
We ask that you please bear with us as we will be operating on reduced hours and reduced staff. Reception will be open Monday to Friday from 10am – 3pm. If you have any queries or concerns, and find our Practice is unattended, please do not hesitate to call the clinic on (03) 9580 1820, leave a message and we will call you back ASAP.
We want to reassure you that we are continuing to maintain the highest level of protective precautions and strict Covid measures within our practice, in order to keep you, our staff and the community safe during your visit. The measures we have in place include:
- Thorough screening of our patients to ensure that they are not experiencing any signs of being unwell or are in the risk category of carrying or having been exposed to anyone who is carrying the Covid-19 virus.
- Ensuring our patients maintain strict hand hygiene upon arrival, whilst attending the practice and when at reception.
- Temperature check on arrival
- Ensuring there is safe cross-over between patient appointments. If you need to wait in our waiting area, we have minimised the chair capacity to abide by the 1.5 metre safe distancing rule.
- Maintaining the highest level of infection control and cleaning procedures both in the clinic and between every patient. This includes turnover of linen after each consultation.
- We carry out thorough cleaning of door handles, bathroom facilities, reception surfaces and other high patient contact areas continuously throughout the day.
- We have a Covid Safe Plan in accordance with the DHHS guidelines.
- To minimise practitioners working in multiple work sites, Ainslie Morris will not be treating at POC but will still be available via Telehealth.
We thank you for your understanding and constant support during this time, and hope that together we can all play a part in helping to reduce the rate of community infection so that we can return to providing you with your complete muscular skeletal care.
Stay safe and best wishes,
The Team at Parkdale Osteo Clinic